Sunday, June 15, 2008

Mindless Self-Indulgence "If" CD


I've never been much a fan of MSI, but they have had some catchy and pretty trashy punk-industrial bits in the past. This new one, produced and mixed by Rhys Fulber (Front Line Assembly, Delerium, Conjure One) and Greg Reely - has been labeled a sort of sellout, it seems, to some hardcore fans. I dunno about that, but it is pretty slick, and actually not all that offensive. Well, unless you count songs like 'Money' (as in 'I'm so money'), which are, to my ears, kinda offensive in their mundanity/stupidity. I can hear this stuff being big with teenage Hot Topic people. And that kinda sucks. People who listen to Marilyn Manson or Orgy may appreciate this, but I probably won't bother with a second spin. (The End Records)

MSI site

No comments: